Saturday, January 25, 2014

Ladies Kick Off Dinner

One of the biggest events our Women's Ministry hosts is a Kick-Off dinner to start the year off with a bang.  And every year I think we might bang a little bigger and more creatively.  Our dinner has a theme and we have table sponsors who decorate a table and host for the evening.  This year's theme was Back to the Future so each table had a different time period as a theme.  I (obviously) decorated my table with a Caveman theme.  It was actually pretty fun to be creative.  I found a "fire" online that plugged in and flickered and looked very real.  And then I went in my backyard and found some rocks and pilfered some sticks from my neighbor's yard and I was set.  A few bones and the look was complete.  Oh, and did I mention we dress up too?



A couple of my other favorite tables:

Flower Power!


Disco Fever!
(The table linens are donated by a rental place where one of our ladies works.  It really makes things look so amazing!)


Our table in all it's animal print glory!  I made little headbands for everyone to wear.  There was a group of 3 sisters and their (close to) 90 year-old mother.  I love that they all wore the headbands!


If you didn't notice, I didn't give anyone silverware, since cavemen don't use silverware.  One of the sisters went into the kitchen to search for something for her mom so she wouldn't have to eat with her hands.  I felt so bad playing that trick on her, but then I passed out the silverware I was hiding under the table and everyone had a good laugh.  That's what the evening is all about after all!

No comments: