Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Backyard Project


We needed to do a little project in the backyard involving lots of dirt and sod.  Justin and Travis were both really excited to help, and who am I to decline assistance?  Randy had extended our retaining wall and we needed to backfill it with dirt and then sod it.  I got the fun job of hauling the dirt because when it comes to outdoor work, I am the braun to Randy's brain.  At least I feel like I am getting a workout!

 
They truly kept up with me, and as I was slowing down and getting tired, Travis was still matching me shovel for shovel. 


Travis still loves his tractor and he loved getting to use it to move the dirt.  We might have overextended the plastic tongue as it started to bend if Travis wasn't weighing down the tractor!


And then after a hard day's work, you need to stop and have a snack.

 

And admire the finished product!


Now comes the hard part of keeping it alive!  It was one of our first real family projects and the boys stuck with it.  It didn't take too long to finish and they could help with every part of it.  They especially liked stomping the dirt!

No comments: