Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Annual Cardiology Visit

Justin went for his cardiology appointment this month.   He hasn't been having any problems so I didn't have any concerns.  I had to take Alaina with me so that was the only thing that made it interesting.  The cardiologist was the last of Justin's doctors to meet Alaina so I was hoping it would go well.  We went to the same satellite facility as last year after I learned how easy it was to get it and out and while it was a little busier than last year, it still wasn't bad.  MUCH better than the main campus!

Justin is an old pro at getting his vitals signs taken.  Weight, height, and blood pressure don't phase him.  But this time they had to do an EKG and he did NOT like all the stickers on his chest.  So the nurse brought him a present.  She gave him a matchbox car which he thought was very cool, so he suffered silently while they finished the test.  But forget about taking the stickers off.  No way, no how.  I just waited for bathtime and used baby oil and that dislodged the remaining offenders.

The it was on to echo.  He knew he was getting to watch a movie because I let him pick out one to bring to the appointment.  That really helped.  He did fine and even Alaina did okay watching the movie.  At least because it was a smaller facility I could step out into the hall and not bother anyone else or be too far from Justin.  Very good arrangement.  I think the echo has to be the longest test Justin has to do regularly.  Even I get impatient for it to be over!  Maybe if I got to pick my movie...

Then we had to wait for the cardiologist.  Alaina was so good.  She crawled up and down the hallway and smiled at all the nurses.  She made lots of friends!  And Justin enjoyed his matchbox car.  It races really well down hospital hallways!

In the end, Justin's heart looks the same as last year.  No real changes.  Still high mild/low moderate regurgitation.  No need for meds or surgery.  We go back in another year for another echo and ekg.  All good!

No comments: