Thursday, January 3, 2013

Seven Months!

So Alaina turned seven months already!  Time is really flying.  She is so full of personality.  Here is what's new:
  •  Alaina can sit up and sit herself up from laying down.  So helpful!  As she was struggling to learn to sit up I would leave her on her stomach playing and when I walked back by I would find her sitting up and I got all excited!  Then Travis said, "Oh Mommy, I sat her up!"  When she finally did learn, Travis was shocked that he didn't have a job anymore!
  •  She is eating baby food.  She is enjoying all kinds of fruits and vegetables along with tasty rice and oatmeal cereals.  She seems to like mangoes a lot, which I am so excited about since no one else in the house likes.  I hope it sticks!
  • She is in a very "Mommy" phase.  Even having someone else hold her close to mommy is not good enough.  Surprising though is how she tolerates Travis carrying her around like a sack of potatoes.  Travis doesn't like her fussing so if Randy is holding her and she is crying he will go to him and say, "Let me take her to mommy" and he will carry her over to me.
  • She does not like shoes!  She rubs her feet together to make them come off.  Socks only last a little longer.  I can't wait for spring!
  • She is so close to crawling but she cannot quite get her arms and legs coordinated.  She can do one of two crawls but then she gives up.
  • Randy and I are pressing her pretty hard to get a "mama" or "dada".  We both get in her face and try to get her to imitate us.  So far she just smiles and grabs our mouths.   I know "dada" is easier, but come on, is it too much to ask for just one of three?
  • She is fascinated by singing.  She really loves when we sing to her and Travis and Justin are more than happy to oblige!
  • She loves bathtime (finally!) and the boys love when she splashes and plays.  Justin is such a good helper getting her towel ready and whatever diaper supplies I need.
  • I cannot say enough about Travis and Justin.  Is such a different experience having an older child when a baby is born.  It's even different from when Justin was born.  The boys are so sweet with Alaina and love to help and play and read to her.  She is fascinated with them and gets more interested in their faces and hair.  I think Justin taught Alaina to curl her lower lip under her teeth.
That's about all for our little girl these days!
 
Happy Seven Months!
 
 
 
 

No comments: