Thursday, October 4, 2012

Doing School


Travis has been making great progress in school.  He is now reading very well and enjoying the books he is reading.  (Shock!)  I told him that he had to read so much of a book yesterday and he finished it instead.  He seems to be grasping math much better and getting faster with simple addition and subtraction.  What I love the most is how he is absorbing history, geography, and Bible facts.

Justin wants to be included too, which I enjoy.  He only is with us two days a week since we do most of it during his therapy.  I hope getting it two times (with Travis and then his turn) will help make it stick a little better.  He does do gym with us most days, and sometimes aerobics with me.  That is too funny!  Here are some of the ways he helps:
 
He helps with Travis' memory verses. 
 
(This picture is not even staged!  This is how Travis looks to help him remember his verses!  Makes me laugh!)


 
He does his writing with Travis. 


 
And he especially loves the activities!
 
Here they are pretending to be bears with paws to see why God gave us hands instead.  Travis let me tape his fingers together but Justin kept pulling them out.  He was more interested in tape on his hands rather than taping his hands.  Subtle, but very important distinction!

 
And here Travis was making a picture to show the various parts of an apple tree.  Underneath is Justin's abstract version of the same.  He is my little Picasso!  It's all there, but not quite how God intended it!
 
 
 
We are just finishing up first grade and then I plan to do some review before starting second grade.  I am so glad we got ahead before Alaina was born because we are enjoying a slightly slower pace these days!

No comments: