Sunday, August 12, 2012

Baby Gifts

Before I was married and had kids, I made lots of afghans and cross stitches for my friends for both weddings and babies.  I even know the framer at Michael's so well that we are on a first name basis.  She has seen me through starting my job, getting married and having kids.  Unfortunately I see her less and less these days.  Fortunately I can stop by and visit every now and then to catch up on each other's families.  I completely failed my kids when it came to craftiness.  I am so glad my awesome friends stepped up and made cute afghans, bibs, hats, and of course, cross stitches.  (Just to keep the record straight, I did make scrapbooks for my kids!  They will forever know when their first tooth came in and how much they weighed at 6 months!)

One of the things I have been looking forward to was the arrival of Alaina's birth sampler.  Mommy Sharon has made each of my kids cute and amazing blankets, pillows and cross stitch birth samplers and Alaina's just arrived a couple of weeks ago.  (This is in addition to all the adorable clothes she searches out for us in second-hand shops!)



No comments: