Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Praying

One of the things I wanted to work on this year with my boys was teaching them more about prayer.  I want them to know the power that is in prayer and the availability of God through prayer.  So we made these prayer boards.  Mostly they are the same, but Justin's and Travis' are a little different (I took pictures of each of their individual Bible classes at church and I let them cut out whatever pictures from the internet they wanted).  The left side has the four parts of prayer (praise, confess sins, thank, and ask) and then the rest of the board is covered with pictures of different things they can include in their prayers.  Some are photos (family, friends, their books and toys, our church) and some I just printed off the internet (animals, food, maps of the world, kids from other parts of the world).  There is a ton of other things you could include, and I left space from more to be added.

So Justin is really good at praying with his board and it helps him remember things other than just "mama and dada" although those are still tops on the list.  You can recognize a few things from his prayer, and if your name happens to be Bob, you get lots of prayers (my uncle, an elder from our church, one of his friends).  It is really very cute to watch.  He kind of performed a little since he saw me taping him, but he is adorable!


Justin's board


Travis' board

No comments: