Monday, February 23, 2009

Cardiology Visit

We returned to the cardiologist today for another check up. It's been so long, I bet you forgot we even went to the doctor anymore didn't you??! The visit was great! The chest x-ray shows his heart looks just the same as before, normal sized. She only hears a minor murmur, nothing too worrisome. And she was very impressed with his scar. It's been almost 6 months (can you believe it?) and the scar is fading quickly. I slathered it with vitamin E oil every morning and night for a long time and apparently it worked! We are released for another 6 months, and in one year she will do another echo to see how the mitral valve is doing (the one with only one muscle).

Both boys did great considering it was Monday at the doctor's office. We took some pez candies for Travis to have after Justin saw the doctor and all morning he asked when he could have it. I told him if he asked one more time when he could eat it, I would eat one of the candies for each time he asked. That quieted him for a bit until he asked again and I said that now I was going to eat one of his candies. He got a shocked smile on his face and he asked just to HOLD the container until it was time to eat them. I said no (I'm not stupid!) but he said that he just wanted to give me my candy. Kind of took the sting out of the punishment, don't you think? Anyway, once we did give him the container, he ate them all in about 10 seconds flat. And then he wanted more. So that's what we heard about all the way home. Until we stopped at McDonald's and he got his Happy Meal with caramel dipping sauce which he proceeded to use to dip his chicken nuggets, and then lick empty. I think my son likes sweets...I think he takes after his mama...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Vitamin E is simply amazing. i have used it on many a scars that no one can see!! I can't believe it has already been six months, but then again he had his heart surgery around when IKE hit and that is when I found out I was prego... So, WOW time definitely DOES FLY!