Monday, February 2, 2009

Big T is Three!

Are all mothers as sappy as I am when it comes to their children's birthdays?


Anyway, today Travis turned three. I did not celebrate the hour of his birth as sleep is precious and there was no way I was setting my alarm to get Travis up at 12:37 am when he was born. I guess it's good he's a boy and he will probably never care that much. Here is my very favorite picture from Travis' birth:






I just love how he is looking up at me. He still looks at me all goofy. And he loves to snuggle. I could share the glorious story of his birth, but really it was just a lot of pain followed by total amnesia. He was born at the same birth center as Justin. It was great, although I do not recommend back labor to anyone.




We went to the doctor today and Travis is up to 3 feet tall and weighs in at 30 pounds. Pretty easy to remember! He did NOT like seeing the doctor, but he was fine by the time we finished. He got a sucker after all!


In his honor, here are some things I love about Travis:



  • His willingness to try new things

  • His excitement in the morning for the new day

  • That he loves to snuggle. He woke up to go potty a few minutes before time to get up, and he said, "Let's snuggle, mommy! Let's snuggle!" And he loves snuggling with Justin, sometimes to be confused with smothering.



  • How much he LOVES his brother. They both have rocking horses and Travis loves to ride with Justin, each on their own horse. When Justin has had enough, and I take him off his horse, Travis says, "Awww, but I weally want to ride with Justin...."



  • How polite he is. Or tries to be. He usually says excuse me, but he doesn't always wait to be excused.

  • How friendly he is. He OFTEN asks strangers what their names are, and then offers his name and that he is three. He even invited a woman at Wal-mart to have lunch with us a few weeks ago. Thankfully she was busy...

  • His total lack of concern with fashion. Maybe it's a boy thing, but I am glad that he doesn't much care what he wears.

  • His inquisitive nature. Yes, he's that age and all, but he really does want to know. And I will tell him as far as my knowledge allows.

  • His singing. He sings all day, because I do I suppose. But he sings all Bible songs, and he does it at random times, in random places, for random audiences. I think that is one of my very favorite things.

  • His compliance. Really I do not have to worry about him getting into trouble when I take a shower or leave the room. He hasn't colored on the walls with permanent marker, or broken anything beyond repair. Yet.

  • His creativity

  • His energy. He is three after all...

  • That he wants to play with me and looks up to me and be with me all the time. I don't even want to be with me that much!

  • His outgoing nature. He's a big ham!
Forest Gump sure had it right, you never know what you're going to get. Isn't that great?!

1 comment:

Glenda said...

I love reading your insightful thoughts - about your kids, about life. Thanks for sharing the joys of who you are!! Glad you made it safely home from WI!!