Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween!

It was a great Halloween this year.  It's been fun watched the boys' evolution of Halloween costumes.  I have been able to put them into whatever I wanted and this year I could have done the same, but I really wanted to ask them to see what they truly wanted to be.  I knew Travis was going to say "ninja", which he did.  It was just a debate as to which color ninja he wanted to be.  It was a much more difficult decision than I thought it would be!  Justin was a wild card.  I thought I could influence him to pick what I wanted him to pick, but I failed.  He wanted to be a cheetah.  Really, that's what he said.  I wasn't sure what to do with that, so I suggested being a doctor (he goes to them enough, he knows what they do) or maybe a pirate (another dress-up favorite).  But he was not to be deterred.  Alaina was easy; I still wield enough power in her camp and she willingly became a fairy.  I nixed the magic wand after she got in trouble for beating her brothers with the toy sword.
 
 And in an effort to be ahead of the curve, I ordered costumes online this year.  Then Justin decided to change his mind and be a ninja like his brother.  I spend a couple days talking him back into being a cheetah!  And then when the costume arrived he got very excited to try it on and be cheetah-like.  So here's the three all ready to go: 
 
 
 
We went to our church's Pumpkin Patch festival and played games all evening long.  The inflatables are as much of a draw as the candy!


Alaina's wings were very big!  I am glad it wasn't windy!


On Halloween night we visited the grandparents and some neighbors who asked us to come, and then Justin was pooped, and it was way past Alaina's bedtime.  So I was going to take Alaina and Justin home to bed and let Randy continue with Travis.  But Justin wanted to go out too, so he rode in the stroller while Travis went trick-or-treating.  Daddy got to enjoy a little father-son time.  And they raked in quite a bit of candy too!  All in all, a successful holiday!

No comments: