Sunday, September 23, 2012

I Knew About 16-Year-Old Boys, But No One Mentioned 6-Year-Old Boys!

Teenage boys' eating habits are well-documented.  When I first began spending time with Randy's family I heard stories about him and his brother eating everything their mother made for dinner and then making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches because they were still hungry.  Or when Randy's mom was talking with her friend on the phone and her friend said, "I have to go, the boys just came home and ate the entire roast I made for dinner as an after school snack."
 
So really, I know boys eat a lot.  But I thought it was teenage boys.  Not 6-year-olds.
 
Apparently I was wrong.
 
Travis is going through a growth spurt. 
 
I wish I had known before I went to the grocery store last week.
 
Travis ate the following for lunch last Saturday: a large piece of salmon, an entire 6-inch long carrot, two cups of applesauce, and he topped it off with (you guessed it!) a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  The last few bites of sandwich brought a sigh and a, "Daddy, I think I am full..." and then he finished it.
 
And for supper this week he ate an egg, hashbrowns, 3 pieces of bacon (the shortage hasn't begun yet...) applesauce, a waffle, and half a cup of yogurt.  (And Justin matched him bite for bite!)
 
I am not sure I can afford the teenage years.  I might need to start a savings plan!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I hear you on the savings plan for these big eaters. We go in spurts here, but when they eat, they EAT! Ten years from now we are going to be in trouble!