Monday, July 11, 2011

4-0

We had a big party this past week because Randy had a big birthday.  It was the very special and monumental 4-0.  His birthday is close to the Fourth of July, so we celebrated on the 4th since everyone was available!   He's used to his cake being red, white, and blue, so I made a red, white, and blue trifle.  Okay, so it had a little brown in it too, but I didn't have time to make white chocolate pudding.  It tasted okay anyway.  And in spite of it being Randy's birthday, he manned the grill and cooked us some delicious beef and chicken kabobs!

Randy's parents put together a cute poster of pictures of his life.  Of course I forgot to take a picture and they wanted it back since several of the pictures are only copies.  Man, you can tell we're old when our baby pictures and even our wedding pictures are only in print form.  Way before the digital age!

Randy and I tend to wax eloquent in our cards to each other, and this birthday was no different.  Usually when I write cards I reminisce about where we've been and all we've been through, but this birthday really made me think forward instead of back.  We are often told that 40 is the "beginning of the end" and "it's all downhill from here" but now that's we're here (I am close you know) I see ahead much brighter than behind.  And while behind had some big bumps, it was still pretty great.  I just know the best is yet to come.  We may have been together for 15 years, but I hope that we are together for plenty more than that.  I pray that God has even bigger plans for where we are going.  I am glad to have a silly guy with whom to share it all.





Happy Birthday Randy!

No comments: